Quiche is a delicious and versatile dish that can be enjoyed for breakfast, lunch, and dinner! But, the traditional crust you typically find in popular quiche recipes can be high in carbs and unhealthy fats.
So, I’ve developed my own healthier take on quiche with this Crustless Quiche recipe!
As an added bonus, ditching the crust also makes this recipe super easy to prepare, so you can have a healthy meal for the whole family in no time at all. You can make this quiche with a meat of your choice or you can keep it vegetarian like I did in this recipe.
Ready to start cooking? Follow along with the video below!
Here’s a copy of the recipe and method of preparation so you can follow along.
- 1 carrot
- 1 zucchini
- 1 bell pepper
- 5 organic eggs
- 3/4 cup milk of your choice (I used low fat milk)
- 1 cup shredded cheese (mozzarella, cheddar, feta, or a combination of different types of cheese)
- 1 tsp dried herbs
- salt and pepper to taste
- salsa or hot sauce (optional)
- olive oil and almond flour for greasing the baking dish
Method of Preparation:
- Preheat oven to 180 C
- Shred veggies in food processor and add them to the bottom of the baking dish
- Beat the eggs, add milk, dried herbs, salt and pepper. Then, pour the mixture on top of the veggies. Sprinkle with cheese and salsa
- Bake for 40 minutes until the quiche is bubbly on top
- To prevent the quiche from burning on top, cover with aluminum foil in the last 10 minutes of cooking, or lower the heat in the oven
Join my Fitness Tribe! Follow me on: