This Vegetable and Lentil Soup with Noodles is the perfect meal to whip up when you are short on time.
This hearty soup contains healthy ingredients that will energize your body, while warming your soul. This soup also provides a complete meal. It contains complex carbohydrates (from the brown rice pasta and veggies), proteins (from the lentils), good fats (from the olive oil) and micronutrients that come from yummy veggies.
Ready to start cooking? Following along with the video below!
Here’s a copy the complete recipe.
Use the details below to help you prep for this tasty, on-the-go meal!
- 1 onion (finely diced)
- 2 carrots
- 2 celery stacks
- handful of cilantro
- 2 cups cooked lentils (can also use canned lentils if pressed for time)
- 2 cups uncooked brown rice pasta (or any other pasta that you like)
- 1 cup tomato puree
- 2 tbsp. olive oil (make sure you get one that is suitable for frying and baking; avoid extra virgin olive oil)
- 8 cups of water
- 2 tsp dried oregano
- salt and pepper to taste
- vegetable boullion cube (optional)
Method of Preparation:
- Warm up the oil in a large pot, add onion and pasta and fry for 1 minute.
- Turn the heat down to low and dice carrots and celery. Add veggies to the pot.
- Follow with adding cooked lentils, tomato puree and water. Chop the cilantro and place in the pot along with oregano, salt and pepper. Turn up the heat and let the soup
- Once it starts boiling, turn the heat down, cover with a lid (don’t closed it fully though) and simmer for 10 minutes.
Soup actually tastes much better the day after it has been cooked (as all the flavours have blended); so this is also a yummy left-over meal!
Don’t forget to join my Fitness Tribe! Follow me on: